tiistai 29. syyskuuta 2015

"THE MOON & THE APPLES"


I was ready, but the SUPER MOON didn't show up in my neighborhood... So I had to settle for the next best red&round-experience that never lets you down; the autumn apples.


BUT, I was ready to go out and see the supermoon eclipse at 5 am, wearing mittens and a wool hat (it's already cold at nights), two cameras ready in my backpack. And I was not alone, I met families with small kids, teenagers, joggers, dog walkers, bikers... some waited in a parked car on the roadside  next to a field, for the historical event... But all we got was a cloudy sky and some rabbits jumping in the darkness. Not even red clouds... just clouds...and lots of them! Next day I finally saw the red moon, in the pictures, from all over the world... Even from Rovaniemi (northern Finland), where they frequently get to enjoy the northern lights, too, NOT FARE!?!

"GOT U! (the night after, sorry folks- no blush-tone)."
And the night after (=today), I slept the curtains open, just to show the moon that I have already forgotten it even exists (what a terrible revenge?!)... And the moon shined bright all night long, just laughing at me! Even in the morning, when I got up and took a look outside, the moon was still there, dancing with the sun. What a character!

"IMAGINE, IF THIS WAS THE CASE THE DAY BEFORE!!!"
So, instead of the bloody-supermoon post, I'm now introducing the Autumn apple pie to you:


SUPER-APPLEPIE

pastry:
200 g almondflour
200 g butter
1 egg
2 egg yolks
200 g sugar
200 g all purpose flour

filling:
1 kg ruddy apples
2 dl sugar (or according to your taste and the sweetness of the apples)
2 dl water

Blend the pastry- ingredients together to a smooth mixture. Let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Peal, core and halve the apples. Bring apples water and sugar to boil and cook on a low heat until apples are soft (mashy).

Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until about 4 mm thick. Place the pastry in a tart tin, spread the apple filling in top, and decorate with the rest of the pastry.

Bake for 20-30 minutes in a 200℃ oven, until the pastry edges are golden brown. Serve with vanilla sauce or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

______________________________




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Did this touch your curiosity? Would you like to hear more? Please let me know and leave a comment!